Skip to content
- Whole chicken
- Carrots, onions,potatoes, garlic, and any other vegetables that you want
- optional: greens like spinach, sprouts, bok choi, etc
- Put chicken in a large pot. Cover with water or bone broth, simmer until fully cooked (1 to 1 1/2 hours, or 30 minutes in an instapot)
- Remove chicken, pull off meat, save bones for broth. Set meat aside.
- Add herbs and root vegetables to pot, boil until roots are soft.
- Add the chicken meat and any greens you have, turn off the heat and let it cook from the remaining heat.
- Serve with desired toppings such as cheese, green onions, or sprouts.